The Board is working together with the Province and health care sectors to ensure the continued safety and wellbeing of students and staff. Please see the Notice from the Ministry of Health with regards to the novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV).
In accordance with the article, “the precautions to protect yourself against common respiratory ailments can also be used to help protect against coronaviruses:
Members of the public are advised to take the usual measures to reduce the risk of transmission of the flu and respiratory illness, which include:
- get a yearly influenza vaccination, available from clinics and pharmacies (for flu only);
- wash your hands frequently and thoroughly with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer;
- cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze;
- if you don’t have a tissue, sneeze or cough into your sleeve or arm; and
- if you or your family members are ill, stay home.”